Shell Oil Company seeks a qualified Supply ChainManager to join our team. The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible formanaging and coordinating purchasing, warehousing, logistics and transportservices for the oil Company. This also covers the provision of support withsetting up and managing contracts with external suppliers and vendors. WithinShell oil and gas industry, this is a complex role involving the transport ofgoods and materials to remote locations, particularly offshore productioninstallations. Safety is a key priority to ensure that all activities arecarried out in a safe and efficient manner. This role is key to identifying andmaintaining the tactical parameters for replenishment planning to ensureefficient and effective sourcing and replenishment of products through thenetwork. This position is also expected to carry out the deployment activitieswithin the RDC and warehouses within PH, ensuring the correct inventory ismoved from source to destination location by Logistics. This role will alsocoordinate any communication of stock availability information to CustomerService in relation to Large and Urgent orders as placed by customers. Shelloffers lucrative compensation and benefits packages considered to be among thebest in the world. We value work-life balance. We support flexible workingarrangements to encourage our employees’ well-being. Our global scale andbusiness diversity will give you the flexibility to explore a variety ofopportunities within Shell, so you can continuously grow your career. We areconstantly innovating and believe that our success comes from human ingenuityto deliver more and cleaner energy through leading technology. We’re committedto each other’s well-being and success. Within a culture of collaboration,respect, and integrity, we share common values that are part of everything wedo. Just imagine all that we can achieve together. By pushing people to reachtheir potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had,or make career moves they never thought possible. Combine our creative,collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range ofbenefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. A key role forsociety and for Shell is to find ways to meet the growing demand for energy,with less carbon emissions. We need people who dare to think differently – totake part in developing tomorrow’s energy solutions today. Send your CV andCover letter now, if you’re such a unique applicant we are seeking at Shell.
The Role & Key Responsibilities:
• The Supply Chain Manager will direct or coordinate production,purchasing, warehousing, distribution or financial forecasting services oractivities to limit costs and improve accuracy, customer service or safety.
• Manage day-to-day supply and logistics activities to maximize theefficiency, reliability, timeliness, and cost effectiveness of theorganization’s supply chain.
• Manage and direct materials planning and control, procurement,inventory management, storage, warehousing, logistics, transport anddistribution.
• Examine existing procedures or opportunities for streamliningactivities to meet customer needs.
• Direct the movement, storage or processing of inventory to ensure acost-effective flow of activities.
• Develop and implement schedules and procedures.
• Ensures appropriate communication between functions is supported byfacts to enable improved decision making on scenarios, opportunities,constraints – product introductions and withdrawals are made in a timely,efficient manner.
• Allocate resources to meet targets in areas such as transit anddelivery times; inventory levels; purchasing, warehousing and storage costs.
• Liaise with functional and operations area managers (e.g., in customerservice, MDC, sales & production planning) to ensure supply activities areintegrated with other parts of the business.
• Lead, direct, evaluate and develop staff to ensure resources are usedeffectively and work schedules and targets are met.
• Responsible for Inventory control program and process flow coveringthe end-to-end supply chain solution.
• Optimize warehouse functions.
• Actively involved in data capturing and audit programs, physicalinventory, cycle counting, delivery and non-conformance material flow process.
• Drive supply chain initiatives between sales, MDC & operations.
• Minimum HND, Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Mgt.,or relevant field.
• Minimum 5 years of supply chain experience in a manufacturingfacility.
• Knowledge of production processes and Supply Chain Planningexperience.
• Experience or knowledge of raw materials planning/productionscheduling process.
• Ability to lead, train and mentor employees on a personal &professional level.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• High level of computer literacy, including experience of usingspecialist procurement software and computer systems.
• Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply(MCIPS) an advantage.
• Strong analytical, critical thinking and planning skills areconsidered to be an advantage.
• Experience in planning and/or finance will be an advantage.
• Strong planning, organizational capabilities and People management.
• Strong experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals to performa variety of tasks.
• Good stakeholders’ management skills and the ability to influencewithout authority preferred.
• People management skills and experience essential.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria