MAKENI INSTITUTE TRUST
READVERTISED AND FOR URGENT FILLING
Makeni Institute Trust is a Boys Boarding school located in a serene and tranquil environment in the heart of Makeni.
We endeavor to provide a stimulating and exciting learning atmosphere for both learners and Staff. As a school our goal and objective is to ensure our graduates are not only academically able but that they are also good at hands-on skills.
A vacancy has arisen for a VASTLY EXPERIENCED HEADMASTER.
YOU WILL BE A PERSON WHO:
- Has risen through the ranks of Teaching at respectable schools, preferably international schools
- Is of sober character
- Full Grade Twelve Certificate, with a minimum of Merits in Maths and English
- Hold a Degree in Educational Leadership or related qualification
- Hold a teaching qualification
- At least FIVE years’ experience managing a school, preferably a boarding school of repute.
- Between 40 and 50 years
The successful candidate will further DEMONSTRATE the following competencies:
- Driving for Results Achievement: The drive and actions to set challenging goals and reach a high standard of performance despite barriers
- Initiative and Persistence: The drive and actions to do more than is expected or required in order to accomplish a challenging task
- Monitoring and Directiveness: The ability to set clear expectations and to hold others accountable
- Planning Ahead: A bias toward planning to derive benefits or avoid problems
- Influencing for Results Impact and Influence: Acting with the purpose of affecting the perceptions, thinking and actions of others
- Team Leadership: Assuming authoritative leadership of a group to benefit the organization
- Developing Others: Influence with the specific intent to increase the short- and long-term effectiveness of another person
- Problem-Solving and Analytical Thinking: The ability to break things down in a logical way and to recognize cause and effect
- Conceptual Thinking: The ability to see patterns among seemingly unrelated things
- Self-Confidence: A personal belief in one’s ability to accomplish tasks and the actions that reflect that belief.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE REGISTERED WITH TEACHING COUNCIL OF ZAMBIA.
APPLY BY SENDING YOUR APPLICATIONS TOGETHER WITH COPIES OF YOUR CV AND RELEVANT CERTIFICATES TO: [email protected]