A reputable Christian Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) specialized in Youth Development is looking for a strong executive level professional to become its General Secretary/ Manager at its Lusaka Local Association.
The General Secretary provides the vision and overall strategic leadership for the Local Association and ensures that the vision of the organisation is translated into reality. In addition the office holder would among others, carry out the under-mentioned responsibilities:
The position holder will be responsible for:
- Development and implementation of the Association’s Strategic Plan that is aligned with the Association’s Vision.
- Development of strategic alliances, representation, advocacy and influencing of policies on youth with all relevant stakeholders.
- Providing leadership and direction to the Association’s staff and the various Local Associations in the achievement of the strategic goals of the Association.
- Ensuring good governance.
To be considered you must have:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in NGO Management, Project management,Social Work, Business
- Administration, Development Work, Youth Development,Inovation and Entrepreneurship,Marketing or a related field
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience at management level either with a youth based organization, an NGO or a governmental agency;
- Assertive and takes initiative to make things happen
- Proven experience and abilities in social enterprise management, leadership and project management;
- Multitasking, communication, leadership and entrepreneurship skills;
- A good understanding of Youth Development and Empowerment strategies;
- Demonstrable computer skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Team player
- Must be a Christian
- A level of interpersonal, cross-cultural, ability to work under pressure and negotiation skills
- Minimum age of 35 years
- Sound knowledge of Project Management, Financial Management, Human Resource Management and Youth Issues
- Grasp of good corporate governance
- Ability to build alliances to attract resources
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and proven ability in the English Language
Interested, suitably qualified and experienced applicants should submit an application not later than 16:00hrs on