Shell Oil Company are seeking an experienced FinanceManager to join our close-knit corporate finance and accounting team. TheFinance Manager is a key partner to the General Manager in implementing anddriving strategy for the company, and is responsible for all finance andaccounting activity in the region. This includes the preparation of monthlymanagement reporting, statutory reporting requirements, financial planning andanalysis as required by the business and group, and responsible for ensuringfull policy implementation and documentation of corporate finance policies andprocedures. Shell offers lucrative compensation and benefits packagesconsidered to be among the best in the world. We value work-life balance. Wesupport flexible working arrangements to encourage our employees’ well-being.Our global scale and business diversity will give you the flexibility toexplore a variety of opportunities within Shell, so you can continuously growyour career. We are constantly innovating and believe that our success comesfrom human ingenuity to deliver more and cleaner energy through leadingtechnology. We’re committed to each other’s well-being and success. Within aculture of collaboration, respect, and integrity, we share common values thatare part of everything we do. Just imagine all that we can achieve together. Bypushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skillsthey never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with animpressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired careerchoice. A key role for society and for Shell is to find ways to meet thegrowing demand for energy, with less carbon emissions. We need people who dareto think differently – to take part in developing tomorrow’s energy solutionstoday. Send your CV and Cover letter now, if you’re such a unique applicant weare seeking at Shell.
The Role & Key Responsibilities:
• Work closely with General Manager as part of the management team toensure the corporation is focused on budgeted numbers and be a key partner indelivering business objectives, including but not limited to variances ofrevenue, OPEX, direct margin or investment/contract to provide an accuratefinancial position with identification of risk and opportunity.
• Robustly review the monthly P&L, working capital and balance sheetand actively participate in reviews with CFO and Controller.
• Ensure tight cost control and management of all costs in the P&L.
• Coordinate and review monthly management financial reporting package,KPIs, and take appropriate action to drive improvement.
• Oversee and resolve any issues or concerns to the local general ledgerand related accounting practices, including payables, receivables, inventories,fixed assets, payrolls and balance sheet reconciliations.
• Prepare and assist with appropriate commentary or explanationsrelating to report items of particular interest and conduct any pertinentinvestigation of the accounts.
• Work with department heads/managers to manage sites annual budgetincluding revenue/direct margin, EBITDA or CAPEX level.
• Drive a focus on optimizing cash flow throughout the corporatefinancial team.
• Work with operational team to ensure KPIs for efficiency and utilizationare kept up date, understood and used appropriately to drive corporatefinancial improvement.
• Coordinate forecast and planning schedules for finance and operationalteams, communicate requirements to organization on a timely basis and drivedelivery schedule.
• Participate in the Commercial discussions for the business byreviewing, monitoring and advising the Sales & Legal teams of thecommercial risks and costing/pricing levels during bidding and executionstages.
• Drive continuous improvement of accounting systems and internalcontrol, including documentation of local process.
• Assist the statutory audits and liaise with the auditor as needed.
• Manage cash requirements, liaising with Group Treasury to minimize onhand cash and maximise investment returns.
• Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Managementwithin the time-frame specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet businessrequirements, provided the instruction is reasonable.
• Provide effective leadership in controller-ship in accordance with thecompany’s values, goals and objectives.
• Ensure compliance of the organizations practices with applicablelegislation and tax authorities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• University degree in accounting, finance or similar. Master’sdegree/CPA is a plus.
• Professional accounting qualification (ACA, FCA, CA, CIMA or ACCA)preferred but not essential.
• Minimum Experience Range: 3-5 years accounting related workexperience.
• Comprehensive knowledge of global financial reporting requirements andreporting packages.
• Ability to apply accepted accounting techniques and standard practicesto the classification and recording of financial transactions.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel.
• Excellent attention to detail, analytical, organizational and timemanagement skills.
• Previous experience within the reputable organization, manufacturing,accounting firm, oil, gas and/or petrochemical industries.
• Excellent oral and written communicator with the ability tocommunicate effectively at all levels internally and externally.
• Effective team building, motivation and leadership skills.
• Ability to identify and implement process improvements.
• Ability to work with contracts, terms & conditions ensuring legal/intellectualproperty is adhered to.
• Be able to work independently and take ownership for assigned work
• Able to effectively manage consultants and channels.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria