Yalelo is a leading supplier and pioneer of aquaculture in Zambia, bringing together local resources and world-leading practices. Founded in 2011, we have grown quickly to become the leading fisheries firm in Zambia and among the largest aquaculture firms in Africa. We breed and grow our tilapia on the shores of Lake Kariba and sell our product fresh nation-wide.
Yalelo is looking for customer-centric and motivated Customer Service Representative x 1 to facilitate a smooth delivery of orders by constant interaction with our customers to provide them with prompt information to address any queries relating to their orders.
- Deliver prompt and professional solutions for customer inquiries via phone, email, online chat etc.
- Research, prioritize and resolve customer issues in timely and accurate fashion.
- Maintain documentation of customer inquiries and responses for future reference.
- Direct or route customer calls to appropriate personnel for assistance.
- Handle dissatisfied customers in a polite and professional fashion.
- Track and follow-up all customer requests & Orders in a timely manner.
- Maintain broad knowledge of all company products, services and promotions.
- Identify and implement new process plan to improve customer support service.
- Manage large volume of customer calls in friendly and courtesy manner.
- Provide outstanding and exceptional customer service.
- Greet and address customers in a friendly and respectful way.
- Maintain procedures and processes for first level problem determination.
- Work with product and sales teams to address and resolve customer issues efficiently.
- Return customer calls in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Minimum Diploma in Commerce, Economics, Marketing or other relevant discipline.
- Language Skills: English, Nyanja, Bemba
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in FMCG sector (cold-chain would be advantageous)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to confidently address and present to a range of audiences.
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Resilient, persistent and driven.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Capable of producing high standards of work, to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills
- Proficient user of MS Office (Word, Access, PowerPoint)
- Strong planning and organisational Skills
- Ability to work Monday to Saturday
- Based in Lusaka
- Multilingual: English, Nyanja, Bemba (others would be a plus)
- Dedicated team player who takes initiative, is detail oriented, organized and has proven ability to follow up tasks through to quality completion
- Quick thinking and able to self-manage.
- Comfortable working with internal and external parties
- Customer service oriented
- Self-starter who is able to meet tight deadlines
- Problem solving ability