Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Zambia Branch
The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Zambia Branch, established on 21st of September 2011, is part of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (The Institute), which was founded in 1915 with headquarters in London. It promotes and facilitates Arbitration and other forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), which includes mediation, conciliation and adjudication. The Institute has over 12,000 members spread out in about 90 countries in the world with Branches in England, Wales, Scotland, Hong Kong, Europe, Nigeria, Kenya, India, North America, South Africa and Zambia among others. It is a non-profit organization and gained charitable status in 1990. The Zambia Branch runs a secretariat with physical facilities for Arbitration and other forms of ADR. The Zambian Branch seeks to recruit a qualified and experienced professional to fill the following position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership to the Branch planning processes.
- Support the implementation of the all Branch programme activities
- Coordinate all Branch course trainings.
- Support the fundraising initiatives of the Branch.
- Facilitate Branch Committee meetings and reporting.
- Support the effective and efficient functioning of the appointments Sub-Committee by screening of the requests and providing up to date information as regards membership status.
- Support the operations of the sub-committees through organizing meetings and preparations of reports.
- Working with the Sub-Committee on Publicity and Marketing to develop a publicity and marketing strategy to be used to increase visibility of the Branch.
- Supervise membership registration processes.
- Coordinate the development and production of the newsletter and other related content information for the website and other social media platforms.
- Facilitate the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual narrative and financial reports for submission to the Branch Committee.
- Support the development of organizational procedures and policies in order to enhance Branch operations.
- Support the implementation of the Young Members Group (YMG) and Student Membership programmes.
- Support the strengthening of partnership and networking of the Branch and other like-minded institutions.
- Support and maintain communication with the Institute in London (12 BS).
- Supervise Staff and ensure proper and timely fulfilment of their duties.
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned by the Branch Committee.
Qualification and Experience:
- A degree in Administration, Law, or Project Management from any recognized university.
- Training in Alternative Disputes Resolution from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Three (3) years’ experience in a similar position
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point
- Driving license will be an added advantage
- Passion for Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills;
- Flexible and adaptable to challenging work situations;
- Able to self-manage, work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills and team building skills
- Able to plan and deliver results
- Networking skills
- Time management skills
Anyone who meets the above prescribed qualifications should submit their application letters along with detailed curriculum Vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates to the address below. The closing date for applications is 23rd December, 2018.
The Branch Chairperson
Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
1st Floor, Suite F22, 23 and 24, Kambendekela House Dedan Kimathi Road, P.O Box 51489, Lusaka
Email: [email protected]